- Is there any age
limit for the race?
Yes. Participants must be 12 years old or above for local events and 14 years old
or above for the international event. Age is calculated as at 31st December 2016. Applicants aged 60 or
above must submit a medical certificate upon application to affirm sound health conditions for
participation of the Race.
- How are the entry
quotas of Racing Groups allocated?
Winners and Runner-ups from New World Harbour Race 2015 are directly accepted. Quota of each gender group for the remaining applicants is then assigned on a pro rata basis among the qualified applicants. Applicants with the fastest record will be accepted.
- For the International Category, applicants must attend Time Trial 2016; or submit result of New
World Harbour Race 2014 – Racing Groups or New
World Harbour Race 2015 – Racing Groups; or provide proven ability to complete swimming distance of
Long Course Swimming Pool – 1500m from between 1st April 2014 to 9th August
Only proven time records endorsed by its National Swimming Association will be taken for
consideration. The fastest swimmers among all submitted time and time trial records
will be accepted. (subject to HKASA’s final decision)
- For the Open and Youth Categories, applicants must attend Time Trial 2016 or fulfill one of the
“Racing Groups Time Trial Exemptions” from below (Selection may not duplicate):
- Provide qualified records obtained from any Long Course Swimming Pool – 1500m swimming
competitions organized or sanctioned by HKASA at swimming pool setting from 1st April 2014
to 9th August 2016; or
- Submit result of New World Harbour Race 2014 – Racing Groups; or
- Submit result of New World Harbour Race 2015 – Racing Groups; or
- Submit the Time Trial record from New World Harbour Race 2014
- Submit the Time Trial record from New World Harbour Race 2015
All the records above will join together for consideration. The fastest swimmers
amongst them will be accepted (subject to HKASA’s final decision).
Applicants who fail to enter the Racing Groups will NOT be allocated to
the Leisure Groups.
- How are the entry
quotas of Leisure Groups allocated?
Applicants of Leisure Groups must complete swimming distance of 1500m within 45 minutes in Time Trial 2016 or fulfill one of the “Leisure Group Time Trial Exemptions” from below:
- Provide qualified records from Time Trial 2014; or
- Provide qualified records from Time Trial 2015; or
- Successfully completed New World Harbour Race 2014; or
- Successfully completed New World Harbour Race 2015; or
- Successfully completed 2014/15 Hong Kong Open Water Swimming Competition Series Part 2 – 2km Event on
4th January 2015; or
- Successfully completed 2015/16 Hong Kong Open Water Swimming Competition Series Part 2 – 2km Event on
10th January 2016; or
- Successfully completed 2015/16 HK Marathon Swimming cum Open Water Swimming Competition Series Part 1
on 10th May 2015; or
- Successfully completed 2016/17 HK Marathon Swimming cum Open Water Swimming Competition Series Part 1
on 10th April 2016 or 24th April 2016; or
- Provide qualified records obtained from any1500mswimming competitions organized or sanctioned by
HKASA at swimming pool setting from 1st April 2014 to 9th August 2016
- Entrant list will be allotted by drawing if number of application exceeds number of quota. Details
of drawing will be posted on HKASA website (www.hkasa.org.hk) and New World Harbour Race website
(http://www.hkharbourrace.com). The drawing procedure is open for public viewing.
- Is there a time
limit for finishing the race?
Yes. Participants shall forfeit their right to participate in the Race and will be
requested to leave water by officials if they are unable to:
– Reach the Turning Point within 30 minutes, OR
– Finish the race within 1 hour after the start of each event.
should report to the Finishing Centre immediately after landing and their results will be recorded as
“DNF” (Did Not Finish).
- What if I am not
available to pick up the race kit during the scheduled time?
Participants can authorize a representative to pick up the race kit. The
representative must present an authorization letter with name, signature and a photocopy of identity
document of participants upon collection.
- When will the Race
result be released?
The list of award winners for Racing Groups will be posted on the notice board in
the finishing area on the Race day, while the remaining results will be uploaded on the HKASA and New
World Harbour Race websites thereafter. Those who complete the race will receive a certificate, which
can be collected at the HKASA office subsequently.
- Can I still
participate in the Race if I forget to bring my electronic transponders, race card or swim cap provided by
No. Swimmers who are unable to show their electronic transponders, race cards, and
swim caps provided by HKASA will not be allowed to race.Every leisure swimmer must wear a tow float with
a designated number throughout the whole swimming period.
- Can I transfer my
electronic transponder, race card, and swim cap to another person to take part in the Race?
No race transfers are allowed. All electronic transponders, tow floats ,race
cards, and swim caps provided by HKASA are non-transferable. Swimmers who fail to comply will be
- Is there any public
Yes. Spectators can watch the Race in Lei Yue Mun Typhoon Shelter Breakwater Sitting-out Area in
start area, and on the promenade of Quarry Bay Park in
- Can my family or
friends witness my landing at the Landing Pier?
No. For safety reasons and to avoid overcrowding, the entry to Sai Wan Ho Harbour
Park/ Landing Pier will be restricted for spectators on the Race day.
- Is there any
changing facilities in start or finish area?
No changing facilities will be provided but there will be portable toilets in both
start and finish area. Swimmers are recommended to wear swimsuit beforehand.
- Can I use my own
bag for baggage deposit?
No. You must use the baggage bag and tag provided by HKASA. No baggage bag
and tag will be provided on the Race day.
- How may I access to
the marine water quality information?
Please visit Environmental Protection Department for respective information at the